- Aches and pains
- Stomach cramps
- Feeling sick (nausea, vomiting, diarrhea)
- Muscle spasms/twitching
- Insomnia/problems sleeping
- Feelings of coldness/chills
- Muscular tension
- Heart pounding
- Runny eyes
Opioid Withdrawal Syndrome (OWS)
The severity and length of withdrawal symptoms depend on the type of opioid and how long it is active in your system.
- For shorter-acting opioids, withdrawal symptoms peak within 2 to 3 days and last for 7 to 10 days
- For longer-acting opioids, withdrawal symptoms peak at 3 to 4 days, but may last for 14 days or more.